Friday, January 6, 2012

Resolutions Update

This has nothing to do with anything.
     Six days into my commitment to writing every day and I missed one day, yesterday. But I'm also now at just over 8,000 words for January, so I'm going to forgive myself. Plus, it wasn't possible to secretly write during a very long meeting with four other people. If it were possible, I'd have probably given it a shot.
     I'm also doing better at focusing on the novel, though the damn novella trilogy keeps waking me up with new scenes. If my mind wanders over there, I make a note of the scene or character and get back to the bitter cold Minnesota setting of the novel.
     In fact, since I have a tiny bit of time to myself this afternoon, I should get back there now. I need to go run a car off the road and into a frozen pond. Now that sounds like a fun afternoon, doesn't it.
     Maybe I should make some hot chocolate first. You know, to stave off any frostbite.

No comments:

Post a Comment