Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Remember You...

I just went on a small music binge and came back with CDs from two artists who are new to me. The first is Amy LaVere's Stranger Me, which is a rocking good time. I love her style and her song writing. She starts off by telling a soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend "Here's your damn love song," and how can you not love that?
The second is Eilen Jewell's Queen of the Minor Key. One of her songs, "I Remember You," was recently featured on Sons of Anarchy (another fave). I have been listening to this nonstop for several days now and it just keeps getting better. CD Baby says that Eilen Jewell is recommended if you like Loretta Lynn, Billie Holliday, and Lucinda Williams. Yep, that sums it up well. I love all those ladies, so this is right up my alley. I expect that her previous CDs will soon be joining my music collection.
I have a lot of writing to do at work this week and these two artists are going to keep me motivated and happily typing away.
So, heard any good music lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment