Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

    Driving between courthouses, I noticed several groups of women walking toward the office buildings, carrying bags of fruit and vegetables and cut flowers. It was a sure sign that there was a farmer's market nearby.
    I found it a block off my route, found a parking space three blocks away from the market, and jogged back (as much as one cares to jog in 94 degree weather while wearing a suit). It didn't take me long to find what I was looking for. I passed up the rest of the fruits, vegetables, jars of locally harvested honey, olive oils, and bundles of lavender to get to the table loaded down with cherries.
    I made it to my next appearance, fingers a little sticky, but on time. Some of my bounty even made it home. Spring and summer in California is really delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment