Saturday, August 11, 2012

The End Is Near!

     There is so much writing going on here. This week, I wrote just over 13,000 words and I have tomorrow to myself, so I will probably add to that total.
     It also feels like I'm getting close to finishing this WIP. This is huge. I have not finished a WIP yet. Ever. This was a project that started out as a novella idea, but is now at 60,000 words, so I think it will end up being a 85,000-word novel. I think the first draft will be around 70,000 words or a little more, but I will need to go back and pave over some of the plot holes I'm ignoring right now as I race toward the finish. It feels like I'm gaining momentum as I get closer, so I've had some really productive days. 
     However, today it's well over 100 degrees and so damn uncomfortable that I haven't felt like doing much except laying on the floor under the ceiling fan. I wrote 140 words, then gave up and drank wine because it was the only beverage in my house that was chilled. Productivity suffered.
   
Also, is this normal? My new cat sleeps on her back with her feet in the air. I hope this means she's really secure in her new home and not that there's a layer of carbon monoxide floating above the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment