Monday, November 28, 2011

Everyone's a Winner

View from hotel balcony in Sorrento, looking toward Mt. Vesuvius.
     This has been a lovely five-day weekend, though not very restful. I'm ready for a vacation to recover from the week of house guests, preparations for the Thanksgiving holiday, and then cleaning up after the feast.
     I added another 1,000 words to my Nano total yesterday -- the first time I was able to sit down and write in several days. I also revisited an older WIP that I put on the back burner while I dove into the Nano project and I think I'm ready to pick it up again. The brief trip to the beach in my Nano WIP was a good vacation, but it's time to head back to mid-winter Minnesota.
     First, though, I have several days of Nano left yet and intend to keep writing on my Nano WIP until the deadline. It won't be complete, or anywhere near 50,000 words. But that's not why I did it. I wanted a short-term commitment to jump-start my creativity and that is what happened. I came up with a great, twisty story that I can't wait to flesh out. But I also came up with several ideas about how to fix my other WIP and I'm excited to get back to those characters.
     I may not get the Nano merit badge, but I feel very good about my participation certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment