Saturday, July 30, 2011

...I want to be Laura Lippman

Yes, it's true. When I grow up, I want to be Laura Lippman. Or maybe Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Or Daniel Silva. Or whichever author whose book I recently read that left me with that wonderful feeling of having just been on an exciting adventure with entertaining friends.
That is what I want to be when I grow up.
Now, I already have a career. But writing is something I have done since I was a child. Even before I could write, I told fantastic stories, at least according to my mother. Sure, most of those were probably creative ways of blaming my sister and brothers for my misdeeds, but they were entertaining.
In the past year, I've revisited the idea of storytelling and have set a goal of finishing one of the many unfinished novels languishing on my hard drive. I started this blog because I got some good advice from writers who are far more successful than me.
I have no idea what I'll be writing about here. But I will take requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment